Great Ocean Road 2-day adventure tour from Melbourne
Take an extra day to enjoy one of the world's great coastal drives - The Great Ocean Road in Victoria on a two day guided coach tour.
With its dramatic scenery of striking contrasts, this region near the Victorian capital of Melbourne, boasts powerful seas, golden beaches, peaceful townships, giant cliffs and lush forests.
You'll catch all the highlights including the Twelve Apostles, Port Campbell National Park and Loch Ard Gorge to name just a few.
Day 1: Melbourne / Great Ocean Road
Depart your hotel this morning and enjoy one of the world's greatest coastal drives over two days. Its severity and striking contrasts will remain etched in your memory forever. This region demonstrates the power of the sea as it ruthlessly battles the land. View pristine beaches, sleepy seaside hamlets and the majestic monoliths dramatically protruding from the sea. Enjoy many photo stops, views and short walks as we tour this world renowned coastal drive.
You arrive at your hotel approximately late morning and the remainder of your day today is at leisure.
Overnight Accommodation: Cumberland Lorne Resort or Apollo Bay International Hotel
Day 2: Great Ocean Road / Melbourne
This morning is at leisure until you rejoin the tour coach later today. You will be collected at approximately the same time as you were dropped at your accommodation the previous day, to continue your tour of the Great Ocean Road and it's highlights. Return to Melbourne late this evening.
Highlights on your Great Ocean Road 2-Day Tour from Melbourne include:
- Pass world famous Bells Beach, home to World Surfing Championships
- Experience a traditional Aussie billy tea with vegemite crackers and lamingtons
- View the popular coastal townships of Torquay and Lorne - a surfer's haven and retreat
- Tour the length of the Great Ocean Road passing towering limestone cliffs, sweeping white beaches and stunning forest scenery
- Inspect the fascinating Twelve Apostles Information Centre
- See the amazing Twelve Apostles - limestone stacks rising dramatically from the Southern Ocean, an amazing photo opportunity
- Walk along the boardwalk and enjoy the scenery from various viewing platforms
- Marvel at Loch Ard Gorge where millions of years of erosion have sculpted these incredible landmarks
2 days / 1 night